Hi, I'm Hathor!

OK, so you know I'm The Goddess Hathor; after all, ya'll can read. I have other nicknames, some of which I like, some I don't, but that's neither here nor there. I'll answer to most anything; just be aware the quality of the answer you get depends on what ya'll are calling me.

Notice my liberal use of the word "ya'll". I am NOT from the south, although I lived with a girl from Texas for a couple of years, and, well, "ya'll" stuck. I actually had two roommates; the other from London, and there's nothing funnier on God's green Earth than a lovely British girl trying to say "ya'll". It comes out like "yule".

I am from Bahstin. Bahn and raised just south of Beantown. I have a youngah bruthah who grew up in the same house as I did, with the same parents, yet he has a cah he likes to pahk, and I simply park my car. Who am I kidding? If I can manage it, I use a service.

IRL, my name is Jennifer (or Jen but NOT under any circumstances am I a Jenny. Don't test me on this. I know karate). I’m 5’8” tall, have a few more pounds on me than what’s fashionable these days, but I fill out a pair of jeans and tight t-shirt well enough to make you give me a real slow, appreciative, lingering once-over. I’ve got soulful brown eyes, and thick, luxurious, wavy brown hair that falls to just below my shoulders and is streaked with red (natural) and caramel (synthetic) highlights. That just about covers it.

What’s that?

Oh – my personality. Thanks for asking. Well, I’m funny, smart, fiercely loyal to my friends, unfailingly mean to my enemies, bursting with self-confidence, and above all, a smart-ass.

I am in my late 30's, married with a beautiful grade-schooler son, who is also a Bon Jovi fan and wants to know when I'm taking him to a concert. So, segue into my Jovi obsession.

I was but a teen in the 80's when SWW and NJ came out. Those were the two albums (actually cassettes, and cassingles) that I had on a constant loop on my Radio Shack AM/FM tape recorder. I recently found them in a box o'stuff in my old room at my parents' house, and my son wants to know what those strange things are that don't fit into the CD player (LMAO). I never saw them live (not until HAND in 2006, but I'm getting ahead of myself here) but I watched MTV religiously waiting for their vids to show. It's a wonder I graduated High School near the top of my class.

I lost track of the boys in the '90s, and didn't hear any of their music from that decade until gearing up for the HAND tour (again, I'm getting there! Sheesh.) I was "busy" with college, grad school, a failed engagement, a new job, and moving to Toronto while planning my wedding to a different guy (whew) and I barely had time to sleep, never mind listen to music. Plus, when I was in college, I was a DJ for our campus radio station, and got turned on to the whole "alternative music" scene (what the hell was I thinking).

Tired of reading yet? The "back" button is right up there....

Still here?

Somewhere around 2005, I started getting back into "real" music. I had tried the country thang, the classic rock thing, and none of it was doing it for me (I religiously stay away rap and hip-hop; just can't get my head around that stuff). I turned to a local radio station whose tagline is "the best mix of the 80's, 90's, and today" and BOOM, I get hit with WSYCGH. I was surprised to hear there was a new album, and rushed out to buy it. I heard the band was coming to Bahstin (well, technically Foxboro, to Gillette Stadium, home of my Beloved New England Patriots) and rallied my sister-in-law and some friends to go. I bought all the albums I missedin the last 15 years, and learned every song. Thanks to the Internet, I learned all the b-sides and bonus tracks from the international releases too. Four of us went to the concert and had a helluva time, and now not a single day has passed since July 26, 2006 that I haven't heard at least one Bon Jovi, Jon, Richie, or David song.

Not a single day.

I recently went to one of the Pru shows in Bon Jersey. I journalled most of the way and have some pics -- check it out: My Trip To Bon Jersey. I met a wonderful woman who was also travelling alone to the land of ink and honey, and we hung out together and went to the show together. I was 20 rows from the stage, and got a reall good eyeful of beautiful Richie. He is just doing so much better than the last time I saw him, it made my heart sing. A couple of my friends and I are met this woman, Mary, in Connecticut in March 2008 for one of the shows at Mohegan Sun. I met a new group of friends online, and some of us hooked up in July of 2008 for the Boston and Central Park shows. That was an experience and a half, and one of these days, I'll type up the journal entries I have on that time, and post it.

So anyway, around March 2007, I decided to start writing. I had been reading FanFic for a while, and fancied myself a creative type person, and Lord knows I've had my share of fantasies since that hot July night in Foxboro, and thought to myself "Self? You've gotta write this shit down." So I did. And now, thanks to you guys and a bunch of others, I have several stories under my belt, a fun collaboration of quick picture-inspired fiction blurbs, a couple other collaborations, and a series of short stories called "Encounters", another called "Come With Me", and one in the works called "The Collectors", coming soon to a computer hear you.

I am a die hard Richie Girl, but appreciate the beauty that is Jon (I know I've told at least two of you that on occasion) and certainly wouldn't throw him out of bed for any reason, except to do him on the floor. There is just something about the tall, sexy wingman though that gets my juices flowing like no other man, husband included, has been able to do. Between Rich's height and breadth, the whole "baby's arm in a boxing glove" coupled with the infamous Speedo and Nude Sunbathing pictures, the talkbox, the little hair danglies he wears onstage, the tats, the skill with those fingers that leave me panting ... well, you get the picture.

I've come to love the friends I've made through my writing and on the boards. I've spoken IRL with some of you, and traded e-mails and notes and cards from my real persona. Others have kept their secret identities just that, and I respect that. Hell, nobody in my real life other than my wonderful sister-in-law and my best friend knows about my alter ego. They just wouldn't get it. OK, maybe my girlfriends would, but it'd get back to my husband, and he REALLY wouldn't get it!

OK, so there's my whole sordid life, compressed to right around 1,100 words. Bottom line, I'm a fan, a sistah, a wife, a mommy, a writer, a friend, and a Goddess. Not necessarily in that order.

Pleased to meetcha.

No comments: